Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips was born in Jamaica, but grew up in Canada where he accepted Islam in 1972.
• He completed a diploma in Arabic and a B.A. from the College of Islamic Disciplines (Usool ad-Deen) at the Islamic University of Madeenah in 1979.
• At the University of Riyadh, College of Education, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology in 1985 and in the department of Islamic Studies at the University of Wales, U.K. he also completed a Ph.D. in Islamic Theology in 1994.
• He taught Islamic Education and Arabic in private schools in Riyadh for over ten years and for the past three year he has been lecturing M.Ed. students in the Islamic Studies department of Shariff Kabunsuan Islamic University in Cotabato City, Mindanao, Philippines.
• Since 1994 he has founded and directed The Islamic Information Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. and the Department of Foreign Languages at Dar al Fatah Islamic Press in Sharjah, U.A.E.
• Among the author’s published works are translations of “Ibn Tayameeyah’s Essay on the Jinn”, “The Devil’s Deception” and Arabic Calligraphy in Manuscripts,
• He has also co-authored “Polygamy in Islam”, and authored “Evolution of Islamic Law”, “Through Repentance”, “Islamic Studies”, “Hajj and Umrah According to Qur’an & Sunnah”, “Islamic Rules on Menstruation”, “Arabic Reading & Writing Made Easy”, “Arabic Grammar Made Easy” and “The Purpose of Creation”.
• Author’s published works are translations of “Ibn Taymeeyah’s Essay on the Jinn”, and Arabic Calligraphy in Manuscripts.
• He has also authored “The Qur’an’s Numerical Miracle - Hoax and Heresy”, “Evolution of Fiqh”, “Islamic law and The Madh-habs”, “Tafseer Soorah al-Hujuraat”, “The Ansar Cult”, “The Fundamentals of Tawheed”, “Hajj and ‘ Umrah According to Qur’an and Sunnah”, “Islamic Studies (Book:1)”, and “Salvation Through Repentance”.